Free Fall Program
Transition to Solo Freefall
Qualifying for the Gananoque's Freefall Program is easier than you might think. After completing your First Jump, simply let your instructor know that you are interested in progressing in the sport.
You will then need to book 3 more tandem skydives which will include key instruction in preparing you for the upcoming responsibilities of solo freefall. (The ground training for each jump is approximately 30 minutes).
After proving your proficiency on these skydives, your instructor will "sign you off" for the Freefall Program and you are ready to go!
Part 1: Tandem Skydives
Tandem skydiving the quickest and safest way to begin your path towards becoming a skydiver. A minimum of 4 tandem jumps must be completed in order to proceed with solo freefall training.
Note: All Pre-Requisite jumps as well as Freefall Program jumps have to be done within a set time frame. Click Here For Pricing
Part 2: The Freefall Program
The Freefall Program at the Gananoque Sport Parachuting Centre has been designed and developed to teach the basic control and safety skills that allow the student to solo freefall . The program involves state of the art, one-on-one instruction in which our qualified coaching staff guides the student through significant ground training and in freefall. Students can also have their skydives videotaped by one of our staff, which can then be used as a training tool for post jump critiques. There is an additional charge for this service.
This training program, although demanding, is structured to allow each student to progress at a rate that is within their capabilities, while continuing to emphasize on all safety related matters.
We feel that this program is crucial in creating safe and talented skydivers, therefore we have made it a mandatory part of our advanced training.
The Freefall Program consists of 9 levels: 8 Instructor Assisted Freefall (IAF) jumps - 1 solo graduating freefall jump.
The registration fee covers everything that you will require to become an independent skydiver. It includes the ground training ($75), your own set of goggles ($10), your logbook ($15), all 8 IAF skydives (8x$150 - includes equipment rentals) and finally your solo graduating skydive ($75). Air-to-air freefall video is also available, please call us for details. We ask that students book in advance so that we may confirm a schedule with our coaching staff
* Prices are in Canadian funds and subject to change without notice. Please call for USD rates. Cash, Interac, Visa & MasterCard are accepted.
*Important Freefall Program Information*
- Full Payment ($1380) is required before commencement of freefall program
- Minimum of one week advance notice is required
- Time allotted to complete program - One month maximum
- If additional jumps are required to complete program, costs will be as per above price list
- Freefall students must be at the Drop Zone and ready to skydive for 8:00 am
- Freefall students should be prepared to do a minimum of 3 jumps per day
- Refunds will NOT be issued to anyone who does not complete the program within the time allotted or who voluntarily withdraws from the program
- Skydive Gananoque reserves the right to discontinue the program for anyone if it feels the safety of those involved is being jeopardized. Skydive Gananoque will refund all remaining funds if such a situation should arise.
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIP
Freefall students will be required to obtain a membership in either of the following national skydiving organizations: